A completely recumbent free month and it is looking like July will be the same.
Plans for July:
My main focus for July is the Calaveras TT on July 28th and as such I am going to keep the recumbents under wraps for one more month. My rather busy proposed Calendar looks something like this:
- 5th : Putah Creek 40k : Fixed Gear Track Bike (I want to see if I can crack the hour on fixed)
- 7th: Beat the Clock 10mTT : Trek TTX TT Bike
- 11th: Putah Creek 10 mile : Trek TTX TT Bike
- 14th: State Team Time Trial Champs (Looking like it will be cancelled due to lack of entries)
- 21st: Mount Diablo Hill Climb : Road Bike. (Looking to better last year’s 6th place)
- 25th: Putah Creek 10 mile : Trek TTX TT Bike (Final Shakedown for Calaveras)
- 28th: Calaveras 10 mile TT : Trek TTX TT Bike.
Calaveras is a really difficult time trial course and I have never managed to crack 24 minutes on it. I reckon to win the 35+ 4/5 I would need to do better than 23m10s. That is a huge jump over my current personal best on the course which I did back in 2010 where I got 4th Place with 24m32s. I am over 1 minute quicker on Putah creek in 2012 than I was back in 2010 but I am not where I hoped to be. I have a lot of work to do before the 28th.